I had Bristol West Insurance for my car policy from February 15, 2008 through August 15, 2008. When I signed up, I used automatic payment through my checking account with Bank of America.

At the beginning of July 2008, I changed my banking to Chase and called Bristol West Insurance Company to inform them of this change and wanting to make my next payment with my Visa/Debit Card, and use this card for future payments, but was told that they needed my new checking account info instead and I could make my last payment with Visa/Debit Card by going into their sub-contractors office, so I made my final payment to Bristol West Insurance by using my new Chase Visa/Debit card and was paid. On August 8th, I went into one of their sub-contracting agents (I live in Arizona and the Insurance Company is in Florida) and completed a form of informing them that I will not be renewing my car insurance policy with Bristol West Insurance and closed my account.

On August 18, 2008, I was charged again on my new Chase Visa/Debit card for renewal. I did not renew my contract with Bristol West Insurance and did not authorize any new payments but they still went on and charged my Visa/Debit Card.

I went back into Bristol West Insurance’s sub-contractors office and inform them of this mistake, which they called Bristol West Insurance and got an apology and promise of refund in two weeks, but never received them.

I contacted my Chase Bank and filed an un-authorized charge, which bank promised to investigate but Bristol West Insurance is not co-operating with my bank.

Bristol West Insurance took the liberty of making a new contract and taking money out of my new account.

I called Bristol West Insurance but got the run around and was told that it was my fault and it was my duty to make sure my insurance was cancelled with them.

Review about: Bristol West Insurance Auto Insurance.

Had an Experience with Bristol West Insurance?

Comments

...but it is your duty to make sure it's canceled.

I'm going through that exact same thing, except I totalled my car and they keep taking the money out!!!